About Brightside and UKCISA
About Brightside: Connecting, Informing, Inspiring
Brightside is an education charity. We create, develop and manage online mentoring projects, and other online tools and resources.
Our vision is:
Of a world where all people are connected, informed and inspired to achieve their full potential.
Our mission is:
To use online technology to connect, inform and inspire more young people to achieve their full potential through education.
- Ementoring – connecting individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds with an online mentor who can help them develop skills, gain confidence and explore their further and higher education and employment options
- Teaching resources – supporting schools and universities to deliver engaging workshops about student finance, higher education and money management
- Online tools – interactive games and resources about higher education, careers and money for all young people
- Expert – leaders in our field, experienced, respected, an authority on running high quality online mentoring projects
- Trusted – creating safe and secure technology, a reliable source of information, and consistently delivering high quality support for our partners
- Collaborative - working with a range of partners to create the best possible online projects
- Evolving – finding innovative approaches to answer changing needs, encouraging and responding to feedback
- Passionate – energetic and determined to have a positive impact
The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is the UK’s national advisory body serving the interests of international students and those who work with them.
- To increase support for international education and raise awareness of its values and benefits
- To promote opportunities for - and identify and work to reduce obstacles and barriers to - greater student mobility
- To encourage best practice, professional development and the highest quality of institutional support for international students throughout the education sector.
UKCISA achieve their aims by:
- Monitoring and influencing government and education sector policy through close contact with senior officials, policy makers, MPs, partner organisations and sector bodies throughout the UK.
- Producing regular electronic and print publications which keep members and students up to date on current legislation, regulations and resources.
- Delivering high quality advice line services (for both members and students/members of the public) and training which both assist with immediate areas of difficulty and contribute to greater professional expertise.
- Supporting, sustaining and expanding a network of members committed to the ideals of international education and the highest standards of international student support.
- Initiating and encouraging research which helps to identify key issues and areas for future investigation and development.
- Working indirectly and in partnership with others to encourage greater mobility from, as well as to, the UK.
- Ensuring, through support from Trustees, its specialist staff and effectively managed resources, that it delivers highly valued services for members and other stake-holders.